Plans for Presidential Candidate Visits Set
In anticipation of the announcement of finalists for the position of president of the University of Nebraska, Board of Regents Chairman Don Blank today announced the format for their visits for interviews.
“We want to assure fairness by having each candidate follow the same schedule of events, and we want to make sure that the public and the news media have ample access to each finalist,” Blank said. “We also want them to meet the people with whom they would be expected to interact regularly as president.”
Blank said each candidate’s two-day schedule will include:
- a formal interview with the board of regents
- meetings with the campus chancellors
- tours of the four university campuses
- visits with community leaders in Lincoln, Omaha, and Kearney
- open receptions for faculty, staff, students, and the public in all three cities
- news conferences in all three cities
Blank said the visits will be scheduled as quickly as possible following the announcement of the finalists. “We want to move expeditiously to bring the finalists into contact with the university community, as well as members of the public and news media, and to familiarize the candidates with our campuses,” Blank said.
A special university website will be established to provide information about each candidate and to allow people to provide feedback after the receptions. “Our aim will be to obtain as much input as possible to assist us in our selection process” Blank said.