Please note that Holdrege Street is closed for repairs this summer; Varner Hall can be accessed via the Starr Street parking lot entrance (see attached map for detailed directions).
Following are highlights of the June Board meeting. A complete agenda and schedule is available here.
8 a.m.: Business Affairs Committee Topic: NU Budget and Tuition Recommendations Presenters: President James B. Milliken and Chris Kabourek, NU assistant vice president for business and finance and director of budget and planning
Topic: Voluntary Retirement Program Report Presenter: David Lechner, NU vice president for business and finance
9 a.m. (approximate): Break
9:15 a.m.: Outreach and Economic Development Ad Hoc Committee Topic: Strategic Framework Report on Workforce Development Presenters: Richard Hoffmann, NU associate vice president for academic affairs and research; David Conrad, executive director, NUtech Ventures, and University of Nebraska-Lincoln associate vice chancellor for technology development; and Michael Dixon, president, UNeMed Corp.
10 a.m. (approximate): Break
10:30 a.m.: Board of Regents meeting
The Board will be asked to approve:
· Establishment of professional certificates in community-oriented primary care and maternal and child health in the College of Public Health at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. (Addendums IX-A-1 and IX-A-2)
· Establishment of the Buffett Early Childhood Institute at the University of Nebraska. (Addendum IX-A-3)
· The 2011-12 operating budget and tuition rates for the University of Nebraska and Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture. (Addendums IX-B-1 and IX-B-2)
· The program statement and budget for the 18th/19th and R streets residence hall at UNL. The proposed project would construct a residence hall complex to ultimately replace Cather and Pound halls. The new hall would house about 1,025 students in suite-style housing. (Addendum IX-B-3)
· The program statement and budget for the East Campus Recreation Center at UNL. (Addendum IX-B-5)
· The program statement and budget for the Campus Recreation Outdoor Adventures Center at UNL. (Addendum IX-B-6)
· A resolution authorizing the university to proceed with actions necessary to complete the purchase of property at 314 N. 18th St. in Lincoln for a planned extension of the 17th and R streets parking structure. (Addendum IX-B-8)
Contact: Melissa Lee
(402) 580-3297 (cell)