University of Nebraska Risk Appetite
- High tolerance for risks in the pursuit of innovative, breakthrough research, scholarship and public engagement.
- High tolerance for strategic risk-taking that enhances instructional quality.
- High tolerance for strategic risk-taking that promotes productivity, creativity and reputation.
- Moderate risk tolerance for rewarded financial risk.
- Low tolerance for risks arising from inappropriate discharge of fiduciary responsibilities.
- Low tolerance for risks that undermine the actual safety, or the perception of safety, of our students, faculty, staff or visitors.
- Low tolerance for intentional non-compliance with laws or regulations.