The Board meeting will be followed by a campus visit to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Following are highlights of the Board meeting and campus visit. A complete agenda and schedule is available at www.nebraska.edu, at the Board of Regents "Agendas & Minutes" page.
8:30 a.m.: Board of Regents meeting
• The Board will be asked to authorize the President to execute a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the City of Lincoln related to the West Haymarket Arena Project. The terms of the MOU limit the University’s financial obligations in the West Haymarket Arena Project to rent for Athletics to operate home games and practices for the men’s and women’s basketball programs. (Addendum VI-B-1)
• The Board will consider a resolution of support for a ballot question proposed by the City of Lincoln for the May 11, 2010, primary election, regarding a general obligation bond issue in an amount no more than $25 million for construction of a new Lincoln Haymarket Arena and related improvements.
• The Board will be presented with information on the creation of a West Haymarket Joint Public Agency. This item will be brought back to the Board for approval at its March meeting. (Addendum VI-C-1)
UNL campus visit
• The Board will receive a tour of the former Whittier Junior High School building, 22nd and Vine streets. The building is being converted into a state-of-the-art facility for UNL energy and transportation research. The Board also will hear a presentation on the University Children’s Center, which opened in the fall in the north annex of Whittier.
• The Board will hear presentations in the Animal Research Facility, the new Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center, Hamilton Hall (the chemistry hall) and Richards Hall (the arts hall).
Contact: Melissa Lee,
(402) 580-3297 (cell);