Share Your Thoughts
- July 18, 2014: Presidential search committee to meet
- June 26, 2014: Presidential Search Committee to meet
- June 9, 2014: NU issues presidential profile
- May 28, 2014: Statement from Board of Regents Chairman regarding the governor’s candidacy for president
- May 22, 2014: Statement from Board of Regents Chairman Howard Hawks regarding the presidential search
- April 18, 2014: Presidential Search Committees to meet
- March 19, 2014: Presidential search committees to be established
- March 19, 2014: Board of Regents to consider appointment of interim president
- March 6, 2014: Presidential search firm selected.
- Jan 15, 2014: President Milliken leaving NU for CUNY
- Applications, Inquiries and Nominations
- Presidential Search Outreach and Advisory Committee
- Presidential Search Screening and Selection Committee
- July 25, 2014: Outreach and Advisory Committee Agenda
- July 18, 2014: Notice of Meeting
- July 03, 2014: Outreach and Advisory Committee Minutes
- July 03, 2014: Outreach and Advisory Committee Agenda
- June 26, 2014: Notice of Meeting
- April 25, 2014: Outreach and Advisory Committee Minutes
- April 25, 2014: Screening and Selection Committee Minutes
- April 25, 2014: Outreach and Advisory Committee Agenda
- April 25, 2014: Screening and Selection Committee Agenda
- April 18, 2014: Notice of Meeting
About the University of Nebraska
- Board of Regents
- Strategic Framework
- Accountability Measures
- Dashboard Indicators
- Organization Chart
University of Nebraska Campuses
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- University of Nebraska at Omaha
- University of Nebraska at Kearney
- University of Nebraska Medical Center
University-Wide Institutes and Initiatives
- Robert B. Daugherty Water for Food Institute
- Buffett Early Childhood Institute
- Rural Futures Institute
- National Strategic Research Institute
- Peter Kiewit Institute
- University of Nebraska Online Worldwide
Other Information of Interest
University of Nebraska Presidential Search
The University of Nebraska Board of Regents invites nominations and applications for the position of President. The president is the chief executive officer of the university and provides overall administrative leadership for the multi-campus system.
Founded in 1869, NU is the state’s only public university with four main campuses, a two-year college of technical agriculture, and research and extension facilities statewide. The university operates with an annual budget of $2.4 billion, enrolling 50,000 students, employing 13,000 faculty and staff, and contributing significantly to the state and regional economy.
The Board is seeking a dynamic, innovative and visionary leader who has a clear vision and passion for the future of public higher education; proven experience working with political, civic, and legislative leaders; a deep commitment to academic excellence; a proven record of achieving community and philanthropic support; an understanding of and appreciation for shared governance; and a demonstrated commitment to diversity.
The next president will have an extraordinary opportunity to build on the University of Nebraska’s already impressive foundation and continue its development as a nationally renowned and globally relevant public research university that forges new frontiers in scholarship and provides an exceptional, affordable education.
We invite you to visit this site regularly for news and information related to the national search.