University of Nebraska Risk AppetiteIn identifying the University of Nebraska risk appetite, the following risk principles were adopted by the Audit Committee October 27, 2011 to provide an initial contextual framework:
- High tolerance for risks in the pursuit of innovative, breakthrough research, scholarship and public engagement.
- High tolerance for strategic risk-taking that enhances instructional quality.
- High tolerance for strategic risk-taking that promotes productivity, creativity and reputation.
- Moderate risk tolerance for rewarded financial risk.
- Low tolerance for risks arising from inappropriate discharge of fiduciary responsibilities.
- Low tolerance for risks that undermine actual safety, or the perception of safety, on our campuses.
- Low tolerance for intentional non-compliance with laws or regulations.